ONLINE PRIVACY NOTICE & POLICY
We may collect personal data from you directly such as from adoption applications, volunteer applications, foster applications, surrender applications, donate forms, contact forms, or other forms, from forms on the Site or Services; from surveys; in connection with an audit; when you submit a query to us; or from other communications with us. We may also collect information about you from individuals and/or entities whom you have authorized to act on your behalf and/or to provide information about you, and in connection with your transactions with us, any of our affiliates or others. Where permissible by applicable law, we may also collect personal information from publicly available sources. Such personal data may include, among other things:
- Identification data (e.g., name, date of birth, social security number, tax identification number, driver’s license number)
- Contact data (e.g., legal address, mailing address, email address, phone numbers, email addresses)
- Employment data (e.g., title, occupation, employer name and address, work schedule)
- Financial data (e.g., bank account information, credit card information)
Use and Processing of Personal Data
We use and process your personal data for reasonable and legitimate business purposes, to perform and fulfill our contractual obligations to you, and to comply with legal obligations, including for the following purposes:
- Contacting you regarding business transactions and information related to your affiliation with GBH.
- Contacting you regarding future adoption, volunteer, sponsorship, and partnership opportunities, and changes in our activities, products and services, as permitted by applicable law.
- Performing business and administrative processes related to your affiliation with GBH.
- Developing, enhancing, and improving our products and services.
- Monitoring our processes.
- Administering and managing our relationship with you.
- Evaluating, reviewing, approving, or entering into potential contractual arrangements.
- Enhancing the security of our network and information systems.
- Understanding and monitoring how people interact with our Site and Services.
- Complying with our obligations under applicable law, industry guidelines and internal policies.
Sharing of Personal Data
In connection with the purposes above, we may share your personal data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- We may share your personal data with third-party companies that perform services on our behalf, facilitate formation of electronic contracts, process donations, or assist us in reaching out to clients (collectively, “Service Providers”), including the third-party operator of the Site (the “Site Operator”).
- We may disclose your personal data as required (or requested by law enforcement) and permitted by law or regulation, including in response to a subpoena or to respond to an emergency situation.
- We may disclosure your personal data in limited circumstances to perform background checks as agreed to in GBH applications and contracts.
- We reserve the right to disclose personal data in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
- In the event GBH or its affiliates or their assets are sold, merged or otherwise involved in a corporate transaction, your personal data will likely be transferred as part of that transaction – we reserve the right to transfer your personal data without your consent in such a situation; provided that we will make reasonable efforts to see that your privacy preferences are honored by the transferee.
Outside of the limited exceptions above, GBH will not share your personal information with third parties unless you have specifically requested that information be released to them or have otherwise consented to such sharing.
Our systems and servers may collect general data pertaining to your use of the Site and Services, including info about the mobile devices and programs which you use to access such offerings (“Usage Information”).
Usage Information can include: the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet; the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device you are using; the browser software and operating system you are using; mobile device type, device operating system, device settings, the date and time of access (including the length of time spent, the pages accessed while visiting, links clicked, and number of visits, and country of origin); and the address of the Internet site from which you have arrived at our Site or Services. This Usage Information is collected to help us manage and administer our Site, Services and systems, improve the content of our products and services, and customize and improve user experience. Usage Information is gathered using the following methods: (1) cookies, (2) tags/beacons, (3) third-party website analytics tools (such as, but not limited to, Google® Analytics and Google Tag Manager), and (4) general detection and use of your internet protocol (IP) address or domain name.
Beacons. We may also employ, and/or our Service Providers may employ, software technology called tags or web beacons (a.k.a. pixel tags or clear gifs), that help us better manage Site and Services content and communications by informing us what content is effective and how it is used. These beacons (or other tracking technology) may also be included in or associated with emails or other communications that you receive from us (or our partners) in order to help us track your response and interests and to deliver you relevant content and services.
Use of Aggregate and Non-Personally Identifying Information
We may anonymize, pseudonymize, aggregate or de-personalize personal data and/or Usage Information to create non-personally identifiable information (“Anonymized Data”). We may freely disclose and use Anonymized Data and other non-personally-identifying information for industry analysis, statistical purposes, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes (which may include reporting on trends in the usage of Sites or Services).
Transfer of Personal Data
Retention of Personal Data
GBH will retain your personal data for as long as your relationship is active and as reasonably needed to maintain business records for audit purposes, meet regulatory requirements, defend or bring potential legal claims, and respond to post-termination inquiries. In addition, personal data may be retained for such additional time as may be required under applicable law, including record retention requirements. If you wish to request that we no longer use your personal data to provide you with products or services, contact us using the contact information provided below.
Third-Party Offerings, Social Media Functionality, and Interest-based Advertising
You may see our ads on other websites or mobile apps because we participate in advertising networks. Ad networks allow us to target our messaging to users by considering demographic data, users’ inferred interests and browsing context. These networks track users’ online activities over time by collecting information through automated means (such as by cookies, web server logs, web beacons and other similar technologies). The networks use this information to show ads that may be tailored to individuals’ interests, to track users’ browsers or devices across multiple websites or apps, and to build a profile of users’ online browsing activities. The information our ad networks may collect includes data about users’ visits to websites and apps that participate in the relevant ad networks, such as the pages or ads viewed, and the actions taken on the websites or apps. This data collection takes place both on the Sites and on third-party websites and apps that participate in the ad networks. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
The Sites are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers. To learn how to opt out of ad network interest-based advertising, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices, http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/, or http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/.
Policies for Children
GBH does not intentionally collect or use any personal data from users under 18 years of age. No data should be submitted to the GBH Site or Services by users under 18 years of age.
California Privacy Rights
GBH does not provide personal data to any third party for such third-party’s direct marketing purposes. GBH does not collect personally identifiable information about an individual user’s online activities over time across third-party web sites (and thus does not monitor your browser’s Do Not Track indicator).
Access to Personal Data
If you wish to review, update, correct, or delete personal data, you can contact us using the contact points specified below. To the extent authorized by law, we will take steps to modify or delete your personal data as soon as is practical, but some information may remain in archived/backup copies for our records or as otherwise required by law.
If you wish to request that GBH no longer use your personal data to provide you with communications, you may use the opt-out method contained in any message you receive, or you can contact GBH at the contact points specified below. You may not opt-out of receiving essential updates regarding your relationship or transactions with GBH.
The Gingerbread House Sanctuary & Rescue
P.O. Box 312
Wharton, NJ 07885
Attention: Legal & Compliance